Coaching and Consultation
Offering Professional Learning and Leadership Support for Educators Working with Multilingual Learners
Andrea frequently serves as a coach to guide instructional or leadership teams in their efforts to better serve multilingual learners. Each classroom, school and district is unique and Andrea is prepared to tailor her coaching and consulting support and format to be right for the local context.
- In-school coaching support may include, but will not be limited to a combination of the following:
- Extended classroom visits (full period session followed by in-depth debriefing with the coteachers)
- Classroom walkthroughs—peer visitations—followed by critical friend discussions
- Facilitation of co-planning/co-assessing sessions
- Support for small group or coteaching pair meetings with protocols, agendas, or other tools.
- Meeting with school administrators and/or instructional leaders to evaluate the day and set goals.